- new[$] Sticky groups in the shadows
Group membership is normally used to grant access to some resource;examples might include using groups to control access to a shareddirectory, a printer, or the ability to use tools like sudo. Itis possible, though, to use group membership to den…
- 22 hours ago 14 May 21, 3:58pm -
- newStable kernels 5.12.4, 5.11.21, 5.10.37, and 5.4.119
Greg Kroah-Hartman has announced the release of the 5.12.4, 5.11.21, 5.10.37, and 5.4.119 stable kernels. These are enormousupdates, with changes throughout the kernel tree; users should upgrade.
- 24 hours ago 14 May 21, 2:10pm -
- Security updates for Friday
Security updates have been issued by Debian (jetty9, libgetdata, and postgresql-11), openSUSE (java-11-openjdk), SUSE (dtc, ibsim, ibutils, ipvsadm, and kernel), and Ubuntu (awstats and glibc).
- 1 day ago 14 May 21, 1:53pm -
- [$] Calling kernel functions from BPF
The kernel's BPF virtual machine allowsprograms loaded from user space to be safely run in the kernel's context.That functionality would be of limited use, however, without the abilityfor those programs to interact with the rest of the kernel. Th…
- 2 days ago 13 May 21, 2:31pm -
- Security updates for Thursday
Security updates have been issued by Debian (graphviz and redmine), Fedora (dom4j, kernel, kernel-headers, kernel-tools, mariadb, php, php-phpmailer6, and redis), openSUSE (kernel and nagios), and Ubuntu (mysql-5.7, mysql-8.0 and python-django).
- 2 days ago 13 May 21, 1:45pm -
- [$] LWN.net Weekly Edition for May 13, 2021
The LWN.net Weekly Edition for May 13, 2021 is available.
- 3 days ago 13 May 21, 12:41am -
- [$] Holes in the WiFi
The discoverer of the KRACK attacksagainst WPA2 encryption in WiFi is back with a new set of flaws in thewireless-networking protocols. FragAttacks is a sizable group ofWiFi vulnerabilities that (ab)use the fragmentation and aggregation (thus"Fra…
- 3 days ago 12 May 21, 10:49pm -
- GNU Guix 1.3.0 released
GNU Guix, the transactional package manager and distribution, has releasedversion 1.3.0. This released adds new features, refines the userexperience, and improves performance. Support for the POWER9 platform isnow offered as technological preview.
- 3 days ago 12 May 21, 3:48pm -
- New stable kernels
Stable kernels 5.12.3 and 5.11.20 have been released with importantfixes throughout the tree. Users should upgrade.
- 3 days ago 12 May 21, 3:25pm -
- Security updates for Wednesday
Security updates have been issued by Debian (composer, hivex, lz4, and rails), Fedora (chromium, community-mysql, djvulibre, dom4j, firefox, php, php-phpmailer6, python-django, and redis), Mageia (mariadb, nagios, and pngcheck), openSUSE (opera, sync…
- 3 days ago 12 May 21, 3:10pm -