- newKernel prepatch 5.16-rc3
The 5.16-rc3 kernel prepatch is out fortesting. "So rc3 is usually a bit larger than rc2 just because people had sometime to start finding things.So too this time, although it's not like this is a particularly bigrc3."
- 5 hours ago 29 Nov 21, 4:01am -
- newPHP 8.1.0 and a new foundation
Version8.1.0 of the PHP language has been released. This release includes anumber of new features, including enumerations,read-onlyproperties,fibers, and more.Meanwhile, anew foundation has been created to support development of PHP:The…
- 10 hours ago 28 Nov 21, 10:37pm -
- Six more stable kernels
Greg Kroah-Hartman has announced the release of six new stable kernels: 5.10.82, 5.4.162, 4.19.218, 4.14.256, 4.9.291, and 4.4.293. These kernels contain lots ofimportant fixes throughout the tree; users of those series should upgrade.
- 3 days ago 26 Nov 21, 2:40pm -
- Security updates for Friday
Security updates have been issued by Fedora (freerdp, gnome-boxes, gnome-connections, gnome-remote-desktop, guacamole-server, hydra, java-1.8.0-openjdk-aarch32, medusa, mingw-gstreamer1, mingw-gstreamer1-plugins-bad-free, mingw-gstreamer1-plugins-bas…
- 3 days ago 26 Nov 21, 2:14pm -
- Stable kernel 5.15.5
The 5.15.5 stable kernel has beenreleased. As usual, it contains lots of important fixes throughout thekernel tree. Users should upgrade.
- 3 days ago 25 Nov 21, 9:52pm -
- Security updates for Thursday
Security updates have been issued by Fedora (busybox, getdata, and php), Mageia (couchdb, freerdp, openexr, postgresql, python-reportlab, and rsh), openSUSE (bind, java-1_8_0-openjdk, and kernel), SUSE (java-1_7_0-openjdk), and Ubuntu (icu).
- 4 days ago 25 Nov 21, 2:29pm -
- Security updates for Wednesday
Security updates have been issued by Debian (openjdk-17), Fedora (libxls, roundcubemail, and vim), openSUSE (bind, java-1_8_0-openjdk, and redis), Red Hat (kernel, kernel-rt, kpatch-patch, krb5, mailman:2.1, openssh, and rpm), Scientific Linux (kerne…
- 5 days ago 24 Nov 21, 4:00pm -
- Security updates for Tuesday
Security updates have been issued by Debian (mbedtls), Red Hat (kernel and rpm), and Ubuntu (freerdp2).
- 6 days ago 23 Nov 21, 4:55pm -
- A preview of Amazon's AL2022 distribution
Amazon has announceda preview release of its upcoming AL2022 distribution. The company plansto support AL2022 for five years after its release.AL2022 uses the Fedora project as its upstream to provide customerswith a wide variety of the late…
- 6 days ago 23 Nov 21, 1:51pm -
- Kernel prepatch 5.16-rc2
The second 5.16 kernel prepatch is out fortesting. "Nothing especially noteworthy stands out for the lastweek, it all felt pretty normal for a rc2 week".
- 7 days ago 22 Nov 21, 6:44pm -